Dog Walk & Costume Contest
Saturday, June 22, 2013 -- 9:00-Noon Event Flyer
To register, visit Happy Tails Eventbrite page.
The Youth Development Network (YDN), in partnership with Pacific Community Solutions, Inc. (PCS), has developed a 2-day learning event to equip institutions, associations and individuals to enhance the strength and health of young people through community leadership. The ABCYD Institute blends the frameworks and best practices in the youth development field with the principles and practices of Asset-Based Community Development (ABCD) and community organizing.
· Recognize that young people are assets to & experts about their communities
· Bring young people and adults together to work as equal partners
· Build young people’s connections to their own identity, culture & community
· Engage young people as community leaders on issues that matter to them
Participants in the training will:
- gain confidence in supporting the transition from “deficit-based” to “strengths-based” approach in youth work with their organizations and communities
- learn and practice skills and tools that promote greater participation of young people in policy and practice decisions that affect their communities and their lives
- expand their skills and knowledge in engaging institutions, associations and individuals in their communities to pursue and support community-based youth leadership and civic engagement
- learn ways to engage in circles of practice – to continue their learning through peer networking, support and sharing
- leave the Institute training event with a clear action plan that has been peer reviewed
- be able to improve youth health in their communities by creating opportunities for meaningful leadership development and civic engagement by youth.
- increase their capacity to improve community outcomes by developing strong youth leadership and a pipeline of youth leadership development for civic engagement.
Download full description flyer here